Chicken and Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar
By: adapted from cooks.com
Recipe Type: Main
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Garlic oil
- 1 (3½ to 4 lb.) chicken, cut into pieces
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon Extravagonzo Balsamic Vinegar (try either one)
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes, fresh or canned, drained well
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary or ½ teaspoon dried
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, add chicken pieces and brown well on both sides. (Do not crowd pan; this can be done in two shifts.)
- When chicken is well browned, remove from skillet.
- Saute onion in fat remaining in skillet until tender, stir in stock and vinegar.
- Return chicken to the pan, baste once or twice with sauce, cover, simmer slowly until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan, cover and set aside.
- Boil cooking liquid for about 3 minutes until it has reduced slightly.
- Add tomatoes, cook a few more minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the rosemary.
- Return chicken to pan, reheat in the sauce for 2 minutes, transfer to a platter, and serve.
Image by Ann Fagg via flickr